He has been recognized by:
• L'Expert (The Canadian Legal L'expert Directory) as a leading practitioner 1996 - 2010 ("repeatedly recommended"); www.lexpert.ca
• The Best Lawyers in Canada (copyright 2009 & 2010 Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC); Labour and Employment Law (www.bestlawyers.com)
• Labour & Employment Expert Guide as one of the world's leading lawyers in this field (www.expertguides.com)(2009)
• Lawdays' Top 100 Leading Employment Lawyers in Canada (www.lawday.ca) (2009)
• Canadian H.R. Reporter (Thomson Carswell) as one of the top employment law practitioners across Canada; Canada's Employment Lawyers Directory 2008 (p. 11)
• Financial Post Business Magazine as one of the best lawyers in Canada (labour and employment law); July/August 2007 (p. 29) and July/August 2008 (p. 21); www.financialpostbusiness.com
The firm has been recognized twice by Canadian Lawyer Magazine (March 2006 and May 2010) as one of Canada's top ten labour and employment boutique law firms.
George has also been a speaker (and Chair) at numerous conferences for the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association, Osgoode Professional Development, the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA), the Canadian Institute, and the Centre for Innovation Law and Policy, and has presented papers on a wide range of employment matters, including current developments in wrongful dismissal, injunctions, employment contracts, independent contractors, wrongful resignation and negligent misrepresentation in hiring.
His current volunteer work includes the HRPA Appeals Committee and Georgian Peaks Ski Club. His past volunteer work includes coaching house league baseball, the Board of Directors for the Conference of Independent Schools, the Board of Directors for Canadian Macedonian Place, and various other committees at HRPA (including the Discipline Committee).
His most notable claim to fame by far is his lovely wife Krystyna and their six wonderful children.
Telephone (416) 865-0504 exe:303
Fax (416) 865-9567